DSS is one of the originally certified vendors for this program and works with approximately 70% of the five STAR Medicare Advantage plans and 50% of the five STAR PDP plans. DSS applies our processes that have proven so successful with Commercial and Medicaid CAHPS® to this MA member survey. Key advantages we offer include:
- Our extensive experience with and sensitivity to the senior population.
- In-house completion of all activities.
- Two decades of experience with the CAHPS® methodology.
- Dynamic reporting to help our clients reach for the STARS.
Medicare CAHPS® Member Satisfaction Surveys from DSS
The experts in CAHPS® and working with the senior population.
Take 25 years of specializing in senior studies and more than 15 years experience as a leading commercial and Medicaid HEDIS®/CAHPS® survey firm combined with Medicare Health Outcomes survey (HOS) certification since the inception of the program and you get one exceptional Medicare CAHPS® partner! DSS Research was awarded approval to conduct Medicare CAHPS® in 2010 following the release of the survey administration by CMS. In 2012, we successfully submitted close to 200 Medicare CAHPS® samples while delivering timely comprehensive analysis and reporting to our clients.
DSS now offers the required CMS Medicare CAHPS® surveys to the EGWP (Employer Group Waiver Plan) population. An attractive benefit option to Employer and Union groups with large Medicare eligible populations, EGWP contracts are new to the CAHPS® survey process. DSS understands the distinct needs of this unique and growing segment.
With DSS you get:
- Everything done in-house. This is the only way to control data security, quality, timing and costs.
- Senior expertise. In addition to our Medicare CAHPS® and medicare health outcomes survey (HOS) experience and associated training, we handle a wide range of other senior population research for our clients.
- CAHPS® experience. Nearly 20 years experience as a leading commercial and Medicaid HEDIS®/CAHPS® survey firm.
- Stress-less execution. Our experienced CAHPS® project team makes survey set-up easy from acquisition of collateral to questionnaire design.
- Continuous updates. DSS Data Live™ provides online access to current survey results.
- Confidence. The confidence that comes from knowing things will be done right, all specifications will be followed and the results will be submitted properly, if you choose to submit.
- Accurate results. Accuracy is not an accident; it is built on strict adherence to the methodology and proven processes.
- Clear direction for improvement. Final reports are meaningful, actionable and delivered in July, giving you a competitive head start on quality improvement.
Read what our clients are saying…
”Everything has been done to our complete satisfaction. When asking if anyone has any issues with DSS Research, the response is “Absolutely none!!! I think they do a great job and have always been very helpful when I need to call them to ask questions. I also really like the feedback we got from the Medicare CAHPS® this year. They gave us a preliminary report at the end of the survey….now we will wait for the final report from Medicare…first year to get the preliminary report.” Good job!”
Vice President, Midwestern Health Plan
”We are absolutely satisfied with the process, the communication, and the deliverables for both the commercial and Medicare CAHPS®.”
Quality Improvement Administrator, Southwest Health Plan
”I find the analysis included in the reports to be very helpful, especially in targeting what part of a composite is driving the score. It is useful to me as I present the results internally in our Quality Committees. I still feel it is always a pleasure to work with your company.”
Quality Measurement Manager, Northeastern Health Plan
For more information or to request a Medicare CAHPS® proposal, contact us or call 800-989-5150 and ask for the CAHPS® Team.
The Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is a registered trademark of NCQA.
CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).