In-Center Hemodialysis (ICH) CAHPS®
Introduction to DSS Research
DSS Research is a leader in health care marketing research with more than 30 years experience working with health care providers and managed care organizations to conduct research and provide customer insights and solutions that help drive the long term success of our clients. DSS is named a top ten patient satisfaction survey firm five years in a row by Modern Healthcare magazine.
DSS is approved by CMS to conduct the In-Center Hemodialysis CAHPS® survey (ICH-CAHPS® Survey) and we have a strong background in health care and have been a leading research firm in the CAHPS® survey programs across many health care settings for more than 15 years. DSS will not leave you at risk that your results will be submitted late or in an unacceptable manner. We offer all of the available survey options and we do everything in-house – the only way to control the quality, schedule and costs.
What is the ICH-CAHPS® Survey?
The ICH-CAHPS® Survey is standardized satisfaction survey program, adopted by CMS, that is designed to measure the clinical experience of patients receiving in-center hemodialysis from Medicare certified dialysis facilities. The ICH-CAHPS® survey is designed to:
- Produce comparable data on patients’ perspective on care that allow objective and meaningful comparisons between facilities on domains that are important to consumers;
- To create incentives for facilities to improve their quality of care through public reporting of survey results; and
- To enhance public accountability in health care by increasing transparency of the quality of health care provided in return for the public investment.
What we offer:
DSS offers complete management of the survey process for your facility. The members of our ICH-CAHPS® Project team are dedicated, experienced professionals who are eager to go to work for you. We will expertly handle your project from start to end. Our knowledge and experience in the CAHPS® survey process gives DSS a competitive edge over other firms. Our internal infrastructure, combined with our extensive experience in a variety of CAHPS® surveying, allows us to offer competitive pricing, resulting in one of the best research values around.
Why Your Facility Should Participate?
In order to meet the new reporting requirements, CMS is urging facilities to sign up as quickly as possible. CMS will soon begin publishing survey scores for facilities on Dialysis Compare, the CMS website. If you do not participate in surveying your patients and reporting the results to CMS, how does "Failed to Report" reflect on your facility when a consumer goes to look up your information? And, non-participation may cost you a 2% reduction in Medicare reimbursement from CMS; real money, right out of your pocket. Don’t lose Medicare money and credibility by not conducting the survey.
The Process is Simple and Getting Started is Easy
- Upon proposal acceptance, DSS will provide to you information on how to get your facility up and running in short order.
- Choose your survey methodology and language – Mail, Phone or Mixed Mode in both English and/or Spanish.
- Register your intent to participate at http://ichcahps.org.
Reporting and Deliverables
DSS offers the most complete survey program anywhere. We take care of all the details including working with CMS to obtain your patient sample file, data collection, submission of your data to CMS and a complete suite of reporting tools to begin your quality improvement effort today!
With DSS you get:
- CAHPS® experience. Over 15 years experience as a leading CAHPS® survey firm.
- Strong value. We've designed our program to fulfill CMS requirements at an affordable cost for your facility.
- Quality, timing and security control. We have in-house resources that cover all the bases: graphic design, digital printing, Mail Processing Center and large TeleSurvey Center with our proven commitment to security based on annual third party audits.
- High response rates. We have a history of high response rates for the CAHPS® family of surveys.
- Confidence. The confidence that comes from knowing things will be done right, all specifications will be followed and the results will be submitted properly.
- Service. The members of your account team are dedicated, experienced professionals who are committed to meeting your needs from start to finish.
- Accurate results. Accuracy is not an accident; it is built on strict adherence to the methodology and proven processes.
- Clear direction for quality improvement. Actionable reports that identify the elements that are most important in driving patient satisfaction and loyalty and improving care.
For more information or to request a CAHPS® ICH proposal contact us or call 800-989-5150 and ask for the CAHPS ICH Team.
CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).