Clinician and Group CAHPS®
DSS has been a major research supplier for CAHPS programs for nearly 20 years and we have been named a top 10 patient satisfaction measurement firm by Modern Healthcare, based on number of engagements, since they began tracking research firms in that space. Leading health plans, alliances / collaboratives, health systems and provider groups have already selected us as their partner for this program.
Why measure patient experience? Good patient experience has a positive relationship to:
- Patient loyalty, engagement and compliance with medication and other care regimens
- Better health outcomes from clinical processes for disease management and prevention
- Stronger financial performance
- Lower malpractice risk
- Improved employee satisfaction
CAHPS® Clinician & Group Survey
The CAHPS® Clinician & Group survey is designed to measure the experience of patients with physicians and physician office staff. The survey has two basic purposes:
- Provide information that clinicians and groups can use to improve care and the patient experience.
- Provide information to consumers to help them select physicians, other providers or medical groups.
Our CG-CAHPS program is focused on providing solutions that use the Version 3.0 or Version 2.0 Adult 12-Month adult and child surveys. We offer data collection frequency options including annual, semi-annual, quarterly and monthly outreach. We also offer a range of data collection approaches including mail, telephone and online.
Understanding your survey results
Reporting is a critical link to distilling research results into meaningful and actionable information for managers and decision makers. You will have access to your results through our online reporting tools.
Our CG-CAHPS reports will allow your organization to:
- View Report Cards at the organizational, practice and provider levels for results in an easy to understand, concise, graphical format.
- Access Comparison Reports that compare practices and providers to highlight higher and lower performers.
- Access Trend Reports that show you how scores change over time.
- View open-ended comments from your patients.
We also perform Key Driver Analysis using our proprietary SatisAction™ statistical modeling system to give each practice clear guidance about what measures to focus on to generate the biggest improvement in patient experience and performance. Our DSS POWeR™ Charts provide graphic roadmaps for focused improvement.
We also provide tailored information to help practices understand HOW to improve upon the items that the Key Driver Analysis has flagged as key opportunities for improvement. These Voice of the Patient recommendations are based on our own in-depth qualitative interviews conducted with patients.
Additionally, you will have access to our trACTION™ Impact Analysis tool that will allow you to play out “what if” scenarios of interest to your organization. For example, you may want to know how an improvement in patients’ ability to get an appointment for routine care as soon as needed impacts the patient experience and overall provider ratings.
With DSS you get:
- CAHPS® experience. 20 years of experience as a leading CAHPS survey firm. The members of your account team are dedicated, experienced professionals, who are committed to meeting your needs from start to finish.
- High response rates. Our organization has a proven track record of achieving very high response rates for the CAHPS family of surveys which means less nonresponse bias and more accurate measurements.
- Clear direction for improvement. Expert professional analysis and statistical modeling that tells you where to focus efforts for improvement.
- Concise reporting of results and improvement recommendations in a format that is easy to digest at all levels of your organization.
- Access to results as they unfold through a dynamic online reporting portal that gives you access to the most current information available.
- Strong value. Because we handle everything in-house and maintain control over the entire survey process, we are in a position to offer competitive pricing and multiple data collection options to fit most budgets.
DSS is also certified by NCQA to conduct the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) CAHPS® survey. If your organization is a patient-centered medical home looking to receive NCQA Distinction, please view our CAHPS® PCMH survey information.
DSS is approved by CMS to conduct the CAHPS® for Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) survey. If your organization needs to conduct this survey to meet CMS requirements, please view our CAHPS® for ACOs page.
DSS is approved by CMS to conduct the CAHPS® for Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) survey. If your organization needs to conduct this survey to meet CMS requirements, please view our CAHPS® for PQRS page.
To request a CG-CAHPS quote with more detailed information about survey pricing, processes and reporting, contact us, email Emily.email@example.com or call 703-351-5040 and ask for Emily Waters.
CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
™SatisAction, POWeR and traction are trademarks of Decision Support Systems, LP dba DSS Research.