Qualified Health Plan Enrollee Experience Survey (QHP Enrollee Survey)
DSS has received conditional approval from CMS to administer the QHP Enrollee Survey.
Measuring health care in the Marketplace
Member experience with their Health Insurance Marketplace Qualified Health Plan will be captured using the newly developed QHP Enrollee Experience Survey beginning in 2015. The 76-question survey instrument incorporates many of the items from the Adult Medicaid CAHPS® survey and includes measurements in:
- Access to Care
- Access to Information
- Aspirin Use and Discussion
- Care Coordination
- Cultural Competence
- Flu Shots for Adults
- Medical Assistance with Smoking Cessation
- Plan Administration
- Ratings of Health Care, the Health Plan, Personal Doctor, and Specialist
What should Qualified Health Plans expect?
All Qualified Health Plans (QHPs) offered on the Exchange will be required to contract with an approved survey vendor in the Fall of 2014 (contact DSS for more information). Approved survey vendors will field the QHP Enrollee Survey from January through April 2015 using a mixed mail and telephone approach. Data gathered from the survey will be submitted to CMS in May 2015.
The QHP Enrollee Survey requirement applies to all QHP products offered through the Marketplaces, including HMO, PPO, EPO, and POS plans. QHPs will be required to survey each metal level and product type with unique samples. For example, QHPs with a HMO and a PPO product at the gold metal level will treat each product as a separate sample and survey both populations. The survey results of both products will be reported to CMS.
CMS will not publically report the results of the 2015 survey administration; however, State Exchanges may have the option to publicly report the 2015 results, designating the information as “preliminary.” CMS will begin to publicly report results using the scores from the 2016 survey administration. Reporting is anticipated to be at the product level and not at the metal level.
DSS is leading the way…
DSS has been a frontrunner in the CAHPS® and HOS domains since the inception of the surveys almost 20 years ago. As one of the largest survey providers, our clients receive superior customer service, accurate survey administration, reliable results and comprehensive, innovative reporting. Our QHP Enrollee Survey program is built on this identical, solid foundation. QHPs can count on DSS for:
- Experienced, professional project management – our responsive team and systematic processes make the project easy for you.
- 100% in-house services to control quality, timing, security and costs – every aspect of your project is handled by DSS professionals in Fort Worth, Texas.
- High response rates – DSS consistently achieves the highest response rates in these types of industry programs.
- Actionable reporting – DSS leaves no gap in information; everything you need and want to know about your results is presented in our dynamic reporting package.
For more information about how DSS can support your QHP Enrollee Survey requirements contact us.