Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (HOS)
DSS was one of the original group of seven research firms certified in 1998 to conduct this survey required by CMS. We are one of the largest research providers for this program and have a consistent record of getting high response rates.
Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (HOS)
The Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (HOS) assesses health plan success in maintaining and improving the functional status of their beneficiaries over time. Medicare health outcomes survey (HOS) measures the physical and mental health of the Medicare population at the beginning (Baseline measure) and after two years (follow-up measure). Taking risk adjustment factors into account, two-year change scores are calculated and the physical and mental health status of beneficiaries are categorized as better, the same or worse than expected with a roll-up of that information to the contract level.
Selected results of the medicare health outcomes survey (HOS) survey comprise part of the Medicare Advantage (MA) Quality and Performance Plan Ratings System developed by CMS. The five medicare health outcomes survey (HOS) measures which are included in the MA Part C Plan Ratings are:
- Improving or Maintaining Physical Health
- Improving or Maintaining Mental Health
- Monitoring Physical Activity
- Improving Bladder Control
- Reducing the Risk of Falling
All Medicare Advantage plans have been required to conduct the Medicare health outcomes survey (HOS) since 1998 using a certified research partner. DSS Research has been certified for this research since inception of the program. Because DSS is one of only two firms who have maintained certification over this entire period, we remain at the forefront of an exclusive group. As part of our long-term participation in the program, we currently administer about 40% of all the samples included in the program and continue to comply with all study requirements.
With DSS you get:
- Everything done in-house. This is the only way to control data security, quality, timing and costs.
- Senior market savvy. We have extensive experience measuring satisfaction and health status of senior health plan members. We also have experience collecting and analyzing data to assess the effectiveness of health management programs for seniors. We have been doing this type of research since 1985.
- A research partner doing everything possible to get the highest response rate. Year over year, DSS response rates are consistently strong and rank among the highest, if not the highest, against our competitors.
- Continuous, online updates. Your survey response rates and dispositions are available to you at any stage of the process, including comparisons to our book of business. Using a secure, password-protected Internet site, you will be able to track the progress of your survey response rates and dispositions from one week to the next. You can get this information whenever you need it.
- Confidence. The confidence that comes from knowing things will be done right, all specifications will be followed and the results will be submitted properly if you choose to submit.
- World-class quality and experience recognized in certifications. Our people, our resources (software, computer hardware, mailing systems, CATI system, etc.) and our processes are NCQA certified for the Medicare health outcomes survey (HOS). We have been re-certified for this program every year since 1998.
- Competitive pricing, comprehensive value. Our internal infrastructure allows DSS to offer very competitive pricing for this survey program. More importantly, our vanguard position for this program as well as the health insurance industry in general makes DSS one of the best research values around.
For more information or to request a medicare health outcomes survey (HOS) proposal, contact us or call 800-989-5150 and ask for the Medicare Team.