CAHPS® Hospice Survey
Click the link above to watch a short video about our CAHPS program.
What is the Hospice CAHPS® Survey?
The Hospice CAHPS® Survey is standardized satisfaction survey program designed to measure the clinical experience of patients receiving hospice care from Medicare certified hospices. The Hospice CAHPS® survey is designed to:
- Produce comparable data on patients' perspective on care that allow objective and meaningful comparisons between Hospices on domains that are important to consumers;
- To create incentives for hospices to improve their quality of care through public reporting of survey results; and
- To enhance public accountability in health care by increasing transparency of the quality of health care provided in return for the public investment.
National Implementation of the Hospice CAHPS® Survey Begins January 1, 2015.
- Starting January 1, 2015, Hospices will be required to participate in the CMS Hospice CAHPS® survey program adopted by CMS.
- The methodology will be similar to Home Health CAHPS®. Agencies will be required to participate in a one month dry run during the 1st Quarter of 2015 (Jan, Feb or Mar) and then starting with 2nd Quarter (April) begin continuous, monthly participation in the program.
- Participation is required of Hospices with 50 or more deceased patients between Jan 1, 2014 and Dec 31, 2014.
- Mail, phone and mixed mode methodologies will be offered.
- Hospices must contract with a CMS approved vendor, like DSS, to conduct the survey. Self administration is not allowed.
- DSS is a CMS approved Hospice Survey administrator.
For more information contact us or call 800.989.5150 and ask for the Hospice Survey Team.