Understanding customer attitudes, opinions and behaviors and, what makes them tick and what ticks them off is more important than ever. With growth in many U.S. markets peaking, finding a competitive advantage to retain customers and to attract new ones is more important than ever. The basic idea is quite simple: get feedback from customers and use that feedback to develop strategies to serve them better. In addition to assessing satisfaction, it is important to measure customer loyalty and to get a comprehensive view of the customer experience. We have been doing this type of work for nearly 30 years and serve some of the biggest names in the health care industry.
We know what to measure. With 30 years of experience more than a million customer satisfaction surveys for dozens of health plans and qualitative research on the customer experience, we’ve learned what to measure to understand the customer experience. Whether you already have a survey instrument that needs fine tuning or you want to develop something from scratch, we can provide the survey instrument that will get the right measures and get them accurately.
Both experience and perceptions are important. We strongly recommend including competitive customers in the sampling to have bases of comparison. For competitive customers, perceptions drive their future decisions regarding your plan. Your customers have perceptions of your plan, but they also have experience with it. Experience influences perceptions and their future decisions regarding your plan will be based on both their experience and their perceptions.
How to measure. We offer all the options – mail, telephone, Internet, hybrid. We recommend the option or options that make the most sense for you and which will provide accurate readings.
Choosing representative samples. Who we select among your customers and among competitive customers is as important as what we ask them. We will work with you to develop an intelligent sampling plan and execute that plan flawlessly to produce representative samples.
Everything done in house. With over 300 employees and an array of resources, we can handle all aspects of your project in-house in order to control quality, timing and costs. Whether you choose to do your research using a mail, telephone, Internet or some hybrid approach; we have the in-house resources to get it done.
Access to your results online.Our online portal gives you access to your results. Our online portal can be readily adapted to suit your particular survey. Our portal has the following features:
- Allows access for multiple users with unique passwords and capabilities including different levels of access.
- Includes predefined reports.
- Flags data that are preliminary.
- Results can be weighted according to client needs.
- Data dynamically updated during data collection and locked down once data are final for a quarter/wave.
- Custom crosstabs can be generated by client.
- Able to group data any way you want by combining plans or regions / segments or any other rollups you need.
Expert analysis. Experienced analysts and advanced analytics provide clear direction. A team of analysts, experienced in health plan customer satisfaction/loyalty/experience research will be assigned to your project. Along with our marketing science group, they will use an array of advanced techniques to provide clear direction for improving the experience and loyalty of your customers. In addition to basic reporting of results, we provide the following items that give clear direction for improvement:
- DSS POWeR Charts that provide graphic roadmaps for improvement focus for perceptual and experiential items.
- Our gap analysis to pinpoint areas where you have the most room for improvement.
- Benchmarking to show your performance relative to competitors overall, best competitor, etc. – see your strengths, weaknesses and realistic potential for improvement.
- Trending to show your areas of improvements or slippage on key experiential and perceptual items.
- DSS trAction® Impact Analysis tool to let us and you play out "what if" scenarios – if you improve ratings in this area by this much then what will be the impact on loyalty?
- Our Dynamic Data Analysis (DDA) tool lets you analyze results by subgroups (age, segment, plan type, etc.) to look for underserved groups where resources need to be focused. You can produce custom tables to suit your needs. Data dynamically updated during data collection.
For more information or to request a proposal for customer satisfaction / loyalty / experience research contact us or call 800.989.5150 and ask for the customer satisfaction/loyalty team.