DSS RESEARCH is CMS-approved to Conduct the CAHPS® for Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) Survey
DSS continues to expand CAHPS survey offerings
Fort Worth, Texas - October 24, 2013 – DSS Research, the leader in health care market research and consulting, announced today that it has been fully CMS-approved as a CAHPS for Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) survey vendor.
CMS ensures standardization of data collection so that results from patient experiences are comparable across ACOs. To be a CMS-approved survey vendor, an organization must demonstrate that it has the capabilities, experience, and expert personnel to accurately administer the survey. DSS will handle all aspects of survey administration in house.
According to Roger Gates, Ph.D., DSS Research President and CEO, "Our participation in the CAHPS for ACOs program is a reflection of our commitment to helping clients understand and improve the experiences of their patients. We are excited about being fully approved by CMS to conduct the CAHPS for ACOs survey in 2014 for the Pioneer ACOs, and we look forward to serving all ACOs in 2015".
DSS will deliver:
- Flawless execution of the CAHPS for ACOs Survey protocol.
- Smooth, hassle-free handling of all work with one of the few, if not the only, vendors handling EVERYTHING IN-HOUSE.
- Frequent updates on project status throughout the process.
- Accurate measurement of how patients feel about their experiences with ACO providers, delivered through our online portal – available 24/7.
- On time, accurate submission of results to CMS.
Medicare currently administers two initiatives for ACOs, which include the Medicare Shared Saving Program and the Pioneer ACO model. Pioneer ACOs are required to contract with a CMS-approved vendor for the 2014 survey administration (2013 quality reporting period). Next year, Shared Savings Program ACOs will also be required to choose a certified vendor to conduct the 2015 survey administration (2014 quality reporting period).
CAHPS® is a registered trademarks of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).